The Portable Document Format, or PDF, is an universally accepted format for displaying and printing of information.
PDF is so accurate in rendering complex forms and reports precisely and reliably that many government organizations around the world have standardized on PDF for the dissemination of standard forms.
Why Should You Consider PDF?
- Consistency and Reliability: PDF offers the only practical way to place printed data in your user's hands that looks the way that you designed it to look, in virtually any user operating environment.
- No Deployment: Web developers face a special challenge in producing printed reports for their users. Every PC and every browser will render HTML in a slightly different way, so a web page printed from the browser can be very inconsistent in appearance. Your user's computer may not even support the degree of control necessary to control the "printing experience" - active web components may be blocked. PDF allows you to download a report to your user that looks exactly the way it ought to look, without asking your user to do something they may not be comfortable doing (or which is prohibited by their local system administrator or by company policy).
- Platform-agnostic: PDF can be previewed, displayed and printed on Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, iPad, PlayBook and Android based mobile devices.
- No Drivers: PDF requires no special drivers or configuration for your user's computer. PDF can be displayed and printed using Adobe Corporation's free PDF Reader.
What is PDFjet?
- PDFjet is a programming library that enables universal reporting in your web or desktop application, without forcing your user to install special software. Virtually all personal and business users will be able to see your reports exactly the way that you designed them.
- PDFjet is NOT a printer driver for any operating system nor is it a component that must be installed separately to your user's system.
- PDFjet is a programmer's library that you incorporate into your web server or desktop based application. PDFjet is linked into your web server application, so there is "zero" deployment footprint to your user's PC.
What makes PDFjet the Best Solution for You?
- PDFjet offers great flexibility, attractive performance/price ratio and many useful features in a single package.
- PDFjet is available for the two most popular web server and desktop development environments today - .NET and Java - and you write PDF generation code in either language using exactly the same library identifiers.
- If your organization has code bases in .NET and Java, PDFjet is the ideal solution to support printing through both code bases. If you are a consultant, serve all of your customers' reporting needs with a single solution.
- PDFjet has a fully featured evaluation version that allows your team to thoroughly evaluate the product and make sure it meets your reporting needs. Try before you commit to purchase. The open source version of PDFjet is a subset of the commercial PDFjet product and provides basic PDF creation capabilities.
- PDFjet is very easy to use and consistent with a fully object oriented API.
- Multi-page reports can be created with just few lines of code using the "Table" class.
- TextColumn class with support for paragraph centering and justification.
- Superb international support:
- Chinese, Japanese and Korean character sets are supported using Unicode.
- PDFjet also supports Code Pages 1250 - 1254 and Code Page 1257.
- Flexible Chart component has support for hyperlinks and trendlines.
- Support for text kerning (when using the Helvetica and Times-Roman families of core fonts.)
- Bar Code Support:
- Draw Code 128 barcodes both horizontally and vertically - no need for external fonts and no licensing issues.
- Built in support for PDF417 2D barcodes - no external fonts needed.
- Royalty free distribution license.
© 2019 Innovatics Inc.